InTouch2020Land Your Board Seat
CONNECT · LEARN · EXECUTE
In association with 2020 Women on Boards, Austin is the 2019 pilot site for InTouch2020; a program for helping qualified professionals obtain a corporate board seat through making the right connections and taking effective action.
What sets this program apart is a focus on creating meaningful connections that can lead to a seat on the right board. You will interact each month with current corporate directors from the local community, as well as industry professionals that have board-influence. Additional networking and visibility will come through invited attendance at Austin NACD chapter events. Program graduates will be recognized at the Austin 2020 Women on Boards event Nov 21, 2019
By the end of the program, you will have a great network of board-connections and be board-ready. Although landing a seat is ultimately up to your own efforts, we’ll support you as you take those steps.
This program is open to qualified professionals with board of directors aspirations.
The program for 2019 is closed, but send us an email and we’ll put you on the "interested" list for 2020. We are launching in additional cities in 2020! Contact the facilitators: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monthly small-group meetings (max 12 participants) January through November
- Combination teaching and group discussion
- Guest facilitators each month from local NACD and WCD chapters along with industry specialists
- Monthly action steps and assigned accountability partner
- 2019 Meeting time: 10-12 first Wednesday (except January) of each month:
Jan 9, Feb 6, Mar 6, Apr 3, May 1, June 5, Aug 7, Sep 4, Oct 2. Graduation recognition ceremony Nov 21
- Meeting location: Access to Culture, 111 Congress Avenue, Suite 400, Austin TX
- Education- Curriculum and materials to guide you through preparing for, and landing, your first corporate board seat. Electronic copies of all notes and handouts will be provided.
- Networking-Active board members from local chapters of WCD (Women Corporate Directors) and NACD (National Assoc. of Corporate Directors) will be co-facilitators each month. Board-relevant industry professionals will also be invited guests
- Summer workshop with Betsy Berkehemer-Credaire: CEO of 2020 Women on Boards
- Professional Events-Guest attendance at local NACD Chapter events in 2019
- Community-Small group size and a “buddy-system” provide a strong peer group of like-minded professionals
- Support-weekly video “office hours” (Fridays 9:30-11) with the Sara for spot coaching and questions
- Accountability-Keep yourself on track through a solid action plan, with reporting and feedback each month from group members, facilitators and an assigned “accountability buddy”
- Recognition-Participants will be recognized for completing the program at the 2019 Austin 2020 Women on Boards National Conversation on Board Diversity event
- Books-The Board Game by Betsy Berkhemer-Credaire and Earn Your Seat on a Corporate Board by Jill Griffin
- Assessment-Identify and learn how to leverage your strengths with a StrengthsFinder assessment and professional debrief
Do I qualify? If you meet any of the following criteria, you are may be ready to take the next steps toward a corporate board seat:
- CEO, member of the C-suite, General Counsel or Partner
- Member of a non-profit board
- Executive with high-demand skills or expertise, such as cybersecurity, M&A, international operations
Unsure if you qualify? Book a 30-minute consultation to find out.
What’s my commitment?
This is a group for those committed to becoming board members. If you enroll, you are committing to:
- Participation in the full program (Jan 9 through graduation Nov 21)
- Regular attendance at the meetings
- Tuition paid in full. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the 2020 WOB Local and National organizations
NACD Texas Tricities Chapter is a proud In-Kind partner of InTouch2020
Dr. Sara Faivre serves on the boards of Farmer Mac (NYSE:AGM), an ag mortgage GSE and One More Cloud, a privately held tech company in Austin. She also sits on the Austin Advisory board for NACD Texas TriCities Chapter and is an NACD Board Leadership Fellow. As a Business Evolution Coach, Sara helps executives integrate profit, leadership and personal development. She is a certified peer group facilitator with The Alternative Board. Sara is Chair of this year's 2020 Women on Boards Austin Event.
Janice Jenkins is a Business Development expert with a deep background in sales and program development. Janice leverages her unique ability to meet and connect people to create synergistic introductions and opportunities. Janice spearheaded the inaugural 2020 Women on Boards annual event in Austin in 2017 and 2018 and currently serves as the Austin Co-Chair. Janice is also Development Director for NACD Texas TriCities Chapter.